Another year begins and everyone around me seemed excited to welcome 2016. I was least bothered about any of it; as each year comes and passes by, there isn’t much to be excited about. But yeah, thanks to my husband for suggesting me to pen-down all my achievements, failures or memories of 2015. That was a great idea which made me realize how much I have changed over the past 12 months.
Among the varied memories, failures & accolades; the best I enjoyed doing was Blogging about Food. I owe huge thanks to my hubby & my fellow foodie friends (the list is quite big) who have been an inspiration. Blogging, did some magic and helped me understand the real me! Finally, coming to the topic; I do owe so much to food. So here’s a post that I dedicate to food. Thanks to my fellow foodie, Rajiv Shankar (you can check his food journey https://www.zomato.com/skrajiv), for coming up with the questions and helping me (indirectly) on a blog post:-P
2015, definitely the year in which I visited the most number of restaurants. Lots of memories were made during each visit. Now, it’s time to look back and re-kindle some of my foodie journey-2015:
Disclaimer: I am a Chennai Foodie for now! So only the places from Chennai counts.
1) Best restaurant I visited in 2015!
Kailash Parbat, Chetpet. It ticks all my boxes i.e. taste, price, variety, quality and quantity.
2) Not-so-great restaurant I visited in 2015!
Nellai Xpress, Most of the boxes weren’t ticked and that’s why!!
3) The best dish I explored/discovered and which I absolutely loved?
There’s many lining up now! But I will restrict to five:-D
- Under baked Cake with Salted Caramel Ice Cream from Amadora, Nungambakkam
- Oreo Shake from Double Roti, Teynampet
- Tender Coconut Mousse from Jonah’s Bistro, Anna Nagar
- Paneer Ka Thakali from Maplai, Nungambakkam
- Mutton Biriyani from Salt, Vadapalani
4) The dish I didn’t like among the ones I had in 2015!
Chang Mai Train Station Noodles from Mamagoto and Half Jivara from Ecstacy.
5) Best ‘Value for Money’ restaurant!
Kailash Parbat, Chetpet. Among the fine-dining ones I found this to be an apt choice.
6) Most over rated/overpriced restaurant!
Over Rated - Double Roti, Teynampet and Over Priced - Haagen Dazs, Nungambakkam.
7) The one place I went over and over again!
I try my best to never repeat restaurants. But over & over, it was Lloyd’s Tea House, Gopalapuram.
8) The furthest I have travelled for a restaurant, which one?
Pind, Velachery and Velachery Phoenix Market City.
9) Best restaurant ambiance wise!
Bombay Brasserie and ETC Restaurant & Cafe, Nungambakkam.
10) The place I love to go as a big group!
11) Best food delivery! (Taste and speed-wise).
Faasos, prompt in delivery and tastes great.
12) My best review of a restaurant (among the ones I have written)!
I love all my reviews! But best, I did say “Maplai”.
(Check my post “http://creatikaa.blogspot.in/2015/11/lets-eat-da-mapla-maplai-savour-south.html”)
|2015! The Foodie Blogger..|
P.S. The food experience is based on my food palate & dining experience during my restaurant visit. No two person’s palate can be same.
The Rise of Food Blogger :-D A Look Back at 2015 Foodie Journey Reviewed by Divya Srinivasan on 12:13 Rating: