To keep you updated as well as engaged, I thought of sharing few random or unusual facts with you. And that would be my blog post for this week, definitely little different from the rest of the post.
Some of them were fun and some scary. Here we go…
- Computer keyboards can carry more than 200 times as many bacteria as a toilet seat.
- Mobile seems to be the most common thing across the world and more people have access to it than toilets.
- The average toilet uses 6 litres (1.6 gal) of clean water in a single flush.
- Mobile phones have 18 times more bacteria than toilet handles.
- 27,000 trees are felled each day for toilet paper.
- Breathing the air during Diwali in India, for just one day, is equivalent to smoking 100 cigarettes.
- Recycling one aluminium can saves enough energy to run a TV for three hours. During the time it takes you to read this sentence, 50,000 12-ounce aluminium cans are made.
- Only 1% of the world’s water supply are usable, 97% are the oceans and 2% is frozen (for now).
- Plastic bags and other plastic garbage thrown into the ocean kill as many as 1,000,000 sea creatures every year.
- The only country with low-meat consumption per head is India.
These facts were taken from various sites, too numerous to list, but the figures kept popping up pretty consistently.
Feel free to add any other eco-facts that you have come across…
10 Interesting/Scary facts one must know... Reviewed by T R Gowthama on 12:38 Rating: