Although the entrance test is Biology, Chemistry and Environment based, the syllabi of the degree programme is almost the same as MSc (Electronic Media). Since the entrance test does not have a pass mark, any science graduate can boldly appear for the test with some effort and get selected. Syllabus attached. But the syllabus for the entrance test to be held on June 6 is different, and it can be got from the website: www.annauniv.edu/msc2010
M.Sc. IN SCIENCE TECHNOLOGY COMMUNICATION
CEG Campus, ANNA UNIVERSITY CHENNAI, CHENNAI 25
* COURSE DURATION: Two years
* ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA: BSc, BE, BTech, BArch degrees.
* COURSE DETAILS: The study focuses on communicating science and technology using diverse media. The degree programme covers areas such as Journalism, Documentary Production, Environmental Science, Climate Change, Health Communication, and Animation.
* FOCUS OF THE COURSE: The students are trained in popularizing science and technology through a variety of media. Students with science and technology knowledge, an inclination towards communication, and competency in English can equip themselves well into this degree programme and can enter into the field of science journalism, science communication, and technical writing. The degree syllabi and the entrance test have a particular tilt towards biological and environmental sciences.
* JOB OPPORTUNITIES: If the raw material is good and combined with good educational process offered by the reputed College of Engineering Guindy campus, the degree programme would be able to bring out products of international standards. Our products will be employed as science communicators in CSIR laboratories, science journalists, content / technical writers, editors / publishers, film producers, heads of technology-based corporate companies, and the like.
* APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Application forms for M.Sc. Science Technology Communication can be got and submitted by 20 May 2010 in the following modes: In Person: From the Examination Centre, Anna University Chennai on payment by a demand draft of Rs. 600 (Rs. 300 for SC/ST candidates).
OR by downloading from the website: The application form and information booklet can also be downloaded from the Anna University Chennai website: www.annauniv.edu/msc2010 , and then the filled in the application sent along with a demand draft in favour of the Director (Admissions) , Anna University Chennai.
Landlines: 044 22358251 / 22358231 / 64553733 Project Fellow's mobile: 09150027064
Student, M.Sc. (Science and Technology Communication)
Wanna prove your innovative thoughts - Apply Msc STC in Anna university Reviewed by T R Gowthama on 20:28 Rating: